Question Begginer

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Thu Jul 22 12:52:17 UTC 2004

Eduardo de Moura Rodrigues kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika
torstai, 22. heinäkuuta 2004 14:51):
> First Question: What the difference in SRPMs files and a
> regular one?

The SRPMS discs contain the source code used to create the
distribution. They aren't used to install Fedora.

> Second: I make four CDs with ISO, but don´t
> SRPMs. How do I make a install now? I don´t have a "DosUtils".
> My CD don´t make a boot.

Did you check the downloaded .ISO files with md5sum before
burning?
Did you burn them as images, instead of copying the ISO files to
CDs? The burned CDs should have multiple files and directories
on them.
Is your system set up to boot from the CD drive? Check the BIOS
setup.

See: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/howtoburn.html for more
instructions.

--