up2date Configuration

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 13:55:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 08:46, Aleksandar Vestica wrote:
> Mark Farmer <farmerma at cromwell.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > There are a couple of urls in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date You
> > could try editing them - make a backup of the file first!
>
> I knew /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date and the only usefull URL I found:
>
> http://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC
> https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC
>
> So ... ???
>
> How to "disable" / change mirror's in this file ?
>
> Regards, Aleks

To modify the mirrors used by up2date you need to edit the file

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

In that file you will see lines similar to: (Note these should all be on
one line but may wrap due to email client)

yum fedora-core-2
http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/2/$ARCH/os/

yum updates-released-fc2
http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/$ARCH/

Just to emphasize the note above I am showing two lines above but due to
email wrapping lines it may look like four lines of text.

You need to change the http portion of those lines to point to the
mirror that you want to use.  The above is an example.  Check the web
page for a list of valid mirror sites.

up2date uses yum to pull the files.  If you use yum directly you will
need to make similar changes to the /etc/yum.conf file.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

An optimist believes we live in the best world possible;
a pessimist fears this is true.