How do eliminate SPAM from my mailbox?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Jul 23 00:26:31 UTC 2004

Richard E Miles wrote:

> I have set up procmail to call spamd (spamassassin) and to use Vipuls
> razor-check. The mail is correctly being filtered for SPAM. I see SPAM
> on the messages in my mail, but how
> do I get it to drop these SPAM mails from my mailbox?

You have to use another procmail rule to check the headers of the
messages. In my case , here's what I use:
### spamassassin rule
:0 fw spamassassin.lock
| /usr/bin/spamc

## SPAM
:0:

This moves all the messages that spamassassin marks as spam to my spam
folder.. Dont know if vipuls adds any headers , but probably it does..
You only have to see which header it adds and create a rule for it in
procmail... Or , if it doesnt add any header , you can use its exit code
too (man procmail and man procmailex have good details about it).

--
Pedro Macedo