cracking winmodem issues pt 2: error messages - ?solution?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 01:00:19 UTC 2004

(No quoted text: I don't think there was much useful to quote). Art Ped
was having problems installing the slmodem driver.

Two things, Art:

Firstly, it seriously helps (us) if you include a summary of the problem
in each post, or at least respond to your previous post so that we can
look "up-thread". This means people can see the beginning of the story,
and respond to the context.

Secondly, we need to know which version of the driver you're installing,
and where it came from. A quick Google makes me think that a 2.7 driver
Just Won't Work on a 2.6 kernel: try a slmodem-2.9 version.

For what it's worth, I don't have your hardware, and I run a standard
Linus 2.6.7 kernel, but slmodem-2.9.8 from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/ just compiled fine
for me (obviously I can't test it).

HTH,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | "OPENING LINES OF THE 23RD PSALM
westexe.demon.co.uk    | Original version: