HP Designjet500

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 23 04:09:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Philippe wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 03:24, Artur Sampaio wrote:
>> Hi, folks.. Have someone informations about the Designjet 500 plotter
>> working under Fedora?
> Hi,
>
> It doesnt not seem to be supported on Linux, cf linuxprinting.org.

the designjet-500 supports pcl-3 so it should work at least partially.
I'd look at the instructions for the 450 and the 700 on linuxprinting.org

The ones with postscript support built in are quite a bit easier but the
pjl driver should work albiet maybe not at the highest resolution once you
convince it your paper really is 3 feet wide.