Devlabel and Fstab with usb pendrive

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 21:13:02 UTC 2004

> To stop updfstab from complaining about /dev/usb-pendrive remove the
> "kudzu" option.
That doesn't have an effect, updfstab still seems to read through all
the entries to verify that the devices exist.

> You should rather use the /etc/updfstab* for you device as it will
> create the entry in /etc/fstab whenever the device is plugged in and
> remove it after the device is removed.

Proceeding down that route and it seems to have solved some of my
problems, as well as solved some others. But I have come across some
unrelated issues when trying to perform some other tasks :)

Thanks to HaJo Schatz for pointing out the file
/etc/security/console.perms as well

I've a fair bit to do to have this work as I desire, think I might
have to use it in conjunction with devlabel but thats causing a few
problems since it keeps spitting out the message cannot state
/dev/rawctl. Think its a kernel issue so I just need to recompile a
new set of kernel rpms with CONFIG_RAW_DRIVER enabled.

thanks for the help.

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"