Upgrading Mozilla and Epiphany using yum on FC2

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 08:39:34 UTC 2004

Is it possible to upgrade to Mozilla 1.7 and Epiphany 1.2.6
with a yum command?

I'm especially interested in upgrading epiphay, as I have an XHTML 1.1
page with a linked CSS stylesheet specifying:

body
{
	background: transparent url(images/pale_fractal_background.jpg) top left;
}

If I serve the page as text/html, then the background image fills all
the page.
If, however, I serve the page as application/xhtml+xml, then for Opera
and Mozilla, it displays as before.
But epiphany only displays the background to a certain vertical depth
- after that, it displays a white background.
I'm somewhat puzzled by this, as I thought epiphany used the same
rendering engine as mozilla. Anyway, I thought I'd upgrade to see if
it made any difference.

And the epiphany web site recommends Mozilla 1.7.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire