No network after upgrade to Fedora 2

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 21:26:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 16:57, Kellie Blackwell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded several machine to Fedora 2 without problem but one
> machine has been left with no networking.

You don't say what motherboard you have.

I had a problem installing FC1 on a box a while back.  Could not get the
ethernet interface to be configured.

For that particular system I found you had to disable plug and play in
the bios to get everything setup.  It seemed the system argued with the
OS over allocation of interrupts.  Not sure that is the problem you are
having but worth testing.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

 riel: if it were a vax, gcc would probably be an opcode

	- excerpt from #kernelnewbies