Official support for user of graphics card VIA KM400 VT8378?

Edson Eustáchio eeustachio at terra.com.br
Sun Jul 25 04:55:40 UTC 2004

Hello,

Will Fedora have offical support for graphics cards VIA KM400 VT8378 [S3
UniChrome] on its kernel?

I have search on intenet and found some news about drivers for this
hardware. They require to apply a patch (http://epia.kalf.org) on the
kernel and try to install some drivers
(http://www.viaarena.com/?pageID=325) provided by the vendor, but there
is no patch to the current Fedora's Kernel and the drivers are build for
XFree, not for Xorg. A question: drivers for XFree works with Xorg?

If Fedora will not support this hardware, someone knows a way for using
the resources of that card on Fedora?

I have Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.

Thanks a lot.

Eustáchio