No network after upgrade to Fedora 2

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 17:14:18 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 12:37, Kellie Blackwell wrote:
> It's an ASUS A7V-E.
>
> I tried setting the BIOS setting to manual but I got the same problem. I
> noticed that in /var/log/dmesg there is a line that says:
>
> isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
> isapnp: No Plug and Play device found.
>
> Steve

hmm, I am not sure which motherboard I had that problem with.  Will have
to check at work on Monday.

When you try to configure the network card do you see it and/or get any
errors?

You may want to disable IPv6 entirely, I doubt you need it at this
point.  It should not be causing you any problems but it is one less
thing to worry about.

And the plug and play issue may not be the problem with your particular
motherboard.

Start by trying to add your network interface manually to see if you can
get the system to see it at all.  Report back any error messages you
get.

(btw: I'm kg4cbk)

--
Scot L. Harris