Gnome to KDE - switchdesk broken? - SOLVED

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 27 02:31:12 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Bob Hartung wrote:
>

>>   I did figure out that $WMPATH isn't exported.  I now have a funny mix
>>of gnome and kde icons on the panel and no kde control center in the
>>menu but most of the k* programs in the menu.
>>   Is there a place to check and see exactly what desktop started up?
>

> Not sure if this is relevant, or helpful,
> but if you install the switchdesk-gui rpm
> then there should be an item Start=>Preferences=>Desktop Switching Wizard .

Okay, Call me STUPID;
   I'm just used to switching to KDE an having all the icons etc.
change.    Perhaps the desktop is just too configurable.  Anyway , I
found the the KDE Control Panel tucked away in the menus and now have
what I am used to.  Guess I need to read more documentation before I
jump off the ledge!

Thanks to all,

Bob Hartung