OT: vpn questions (stops using my internet connection and starts using the gateways?)

P. Thompson ptfedora at majordomo.thedacare.org
Tue Jul 27 02:50:59 UTC 2004

FYI

Split DNS is defined in the .pcf file for your VPN connection.
Not sure if Split tunneling is defined only on the concentrator.

EnableSplitDNS:  Determines whether the connection entry is using
splitDNS, which can direct packets in clear text over the Internet to
domains served through an external DNS or through an IPSec tunnel to
domains served by a corporate DNS. This feature is configured on the VPN
3000 Concentrator and is used in a split-tunneling connection.

0 = No
1 = Yes (default)
Does not appear in GUI

Note You must also enable this feature on the VPN device you are
connecting to.