two monitors -> one large desktop

Polashek, Matthew Matthew.Polashek at scottforesman.com
Wed Jul 28 18:02:21 UTC 2004

Here are the results I got last time I tried it out:

From
http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/issue11.shtml

Dual-head AGP video cards that "just work"So you're in the market for a new
video card, and want to make sure all that money you spend doesn't go to
waste - i.e. it will work flawlessly with Fedora. Matthew Polashek asked
just that and there were some good recommendations:*	Matrox cards get the
juice for being easy to setup, while they have hardware acceleration, it
doesn't scale to that of nvidia's. But Chris Manning runs a Matrox tri-head,
and finds that it works just fine.*	The nvidia GeForce FX 5700 has been
given a thumbs up, as has the GeForce MX 4000 though with nvidia's binary
only drivers.*	ATI is generally given a heads up for the open source
drivers, and the fact that Ben Steeves setup one PCI and one AGP card
together.

Matthew Polashek

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.