Messed up my graphical login HELP!

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 28 22:31:03 UTC 2004

Steven Stern wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:55:07 -0700, Andrew Konosky <TerranAce007 at comcast.net>
>wrote:
>

>>I start my computer up, then the graphical log-in
>>

>Start the computer and press 'e' to edit the command line. Put a 3 at the end
>(after a space).  That will start you at init level 3, with no GUI.  Once
>logged in, type 'startx'
>--
>   Steve

I wasn't sure what you meant by edit command line at first, but then I
saw the GRUB instructions on the bootloader screen. I added the 3 and
booted up, logged in a s root and changed my login splash screen back to
the one I had before and now it works.

Thanks for the help! You guys responded within 5 minutes of me posting
my topic. I was kinda going into panic mode thinking I really screwed
something up, but having windows on my computer was actually useful for
once. Thats how I posted my first message...