FC2 media check fails on one system

RDD IT rdd37it at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:00:15 UTC 2004

Hello --

My first attempt to install FC2 failed during the installation of packages,
with an error message that a particular package could not be found.  I
rebooted, and tested the installation media -- it failed.  Stupid me, I
should have done that before.  Burned a new CD, tested it -- failed.
Downloaded the ISO again, checked the MD5, burned a new CD, tested it --
failed.  Hmmm...  Pop the CD in another machine, reboot, test the media --
PASS!  Switched out the CD-ROM drives between the two machines, so that the
one that had passed the CD was now in my FC2-ToBe machine.  Boot up, test
media -- fail.

So.....apparently FC2 does not like something about my machine's hardware..?
  Have other people experienced similar issues?  Are there known issues with
certain types of hardware -- particular hard drives, motherboards, CPUs,
etc. that FC2 is not compatible with?  I can post more detailed specs on the
system later if needed (at work now)...  There is nothing terribly outdated
about it, and it all worked fine on RH9.0.

Thanks a lot for any help!