Questions

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jul 29 17:10:15 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 29.07.2004 schrieb Jonathan Hooker um 18:58:

> I'm new here and I have a few questions.

Welcome to the community.

>  First of all what files are required to install Fedora?

Get the 4 ISO image files from any mirror server near you (at least
first 3 CDs) and burn them to CDs. Boot with CD1 and run through
installation steps.

>  Is there a kernel that would allow me to run
> Windows XP on top of fedora?

O, may god prevent that. No is the straight answer. You could run Fedora
and Windows[tm] in dual-boot - for which you will find a lot of
information in the list archive and detailed instructions by a google
search - or you could use a software like VMware to install Windows[tm]
on a virtual PC inside Fedora as a host system.

>  And, is there documentation for the
> installation of Fedora yet?

You can use the installation documentation for Redhat (9 or RHEL3):

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/

> Jonathan

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 19:05:14 up 3 days, 4:11, load average: 0.16, 0.09, 0.08