Driver/display problems with ATI FireGL Z1-128 and Viewsonic LCDs

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Thu Jul 29 17:16:33 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 08:06 am, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:
> I recently convinced my boss to let me upgrade my displays to the
> following:
> ATI FireGL Z1-128
> 2 x Viewsonic VP201s
> Running Fedora Core 2 + updates and the included radeon driver.

> I didn't try the ATI binary only drivers for this card because they only
> say they support XFree86 4.3.

I don't have the nice setup that you have, but I can verify that the ATI
binary drivers work with FC2 and X.org. I'd give them a try.

You'll need to install a small patch. Google will quickly reveal the voodoo
needed, or you can contact me directly and I'll email the patch and
instructions.

Regards,

John Wendel