point2play-1.3-2+cedega-4.0-1+FC2(2.6.6-1.435.2.3) help??

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 29 17:53:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 13:28, Darren Grant wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 12:39, Darren Grant wrote:
> >

> >>So in short, I can't get any games to run using point2play and cedega.
> >>Has anyone successfully gotten games to run via p2p+cedega on the 2.6
> >>kernel of FC2?
> >>
> >>I'm also using an ati radeon mobility m9 graphics card (which I have
> >>setup correctly using ATI's latest proprietary driver glfx-4.3.0-3.9.0).
> >>
> >>I'm using the 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 kernel.
> >>
> >>I also have no problem running native-linux games such as UT2004 and UFO.
> >>
> >>Any help would be appreciated...
> >>
> >>-Darren
> >>

> >Do you have iptables running or have a firewall in front of your
> >broadband connection?  From the description it sounds like it attempts
> >to make a connection but then fails.  Most likely a firewall issue.
> >

> I have a broadband connection behind a firewall... however all outgoing
> ports are open... and I have no trouble connecting to steam with my
> credentials... getting updates/downloads for steam and mods... as well
> as querying servers, etc...
>
> As well it's not just online games I'm having trouble with...

I have to say I have not used the packages you have mentioned.  However
it sounds like you need to open certain ports on your firewall to let
connections get to your machine.  Many games require ports to be
forwarded through a firewall.  Outgoing connections are generally
allowed but connections that originate outside your firewall will be
blocked unless you use port forwarding to let them in.

You will need to find out what ports your game or application needs.

You mention you are having problems with something other than games but
provide no details.  That makes it hard to help.
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

The monitor is plugged into the serial port