Windows Print Share

Jorge Cecílio cecilio at equitubos.pt
Fri Jul 30 14:18:38 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I'm trying to configure a remote windows print share on my fc2 system.

I'm using Gnome Print Manager and Printer configuration tool. After selecting "Networked Windows (SMB)" as queue type, it shows 2 machines (a Windows 2000 and my fc2 box) but not the one I need.

Where is my Windows XP Home machine (the one I shared a printer)?

Some issues:
1) Even if I click on "Specify" button and (manually) write all the parameters (machine, share, password,..), no connection seems to be made.
2) I've no problem accessing the remote Windows machine shares (e.g. Computer/Network/Windows Network/Workgroup/shares_names (Nautilus 2.6.0))
3) I'm testing on a (parallel) Lexmark 1100 and I use the recomended driver (lm1100). As this is a remote printer, should I select another driver??

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
JC