mp3 disk programme

Matt Morgan matt.morgan-fedora-list at brooklynmuseum.org
Fri Jun 11 21:09:22 UTC 2004

On 06/11/2004 04:49 PM, john brennan-sardou wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>                            I'm looking for a cd programme under fedora
> which will allow me to copy my mp3 classical music onto a disk.K3b
> does not allow this (at least that is what I have been led to
> understand)  Looking for a no hassle, open source job. By the way I
> have a run of the mill mp3 player : how do I connect it to fedora? It
> only has window programmes, it was cheap but it is quite satisfactory.
> Does anyone have a fstab entry to throw my way?
>          Thanks in advance, John Brennan-Sardou

It might not be as simple as an fstab entry (although it might be). What
make/model? What interface (USB, etc.)?

How does it store music? Linux supports common USB card readers well, so
if that mp3 player stores music on an SD, a CF, a memorystick, etc.,
then you can probably for $20 US buy a USB card reader, plug the card
into the computer, and the card will automatically show up as a mounted
volume.

--Matt