For how long is Fedora Core 1 going to be updated?

Christofer C. Bell cbell at jayhawks.net
Tue Jun 1 13:27:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, 31 May 2004 21:02:21 -0400, Craig Thomas wrote
> On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 19:06, Preston Crawford wrote:
> > Asking because I read this list
> ...you must be new.  Welcome.
>
> > <snip>
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg01964.html
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&q=fedora+legacy+fc1+eol&btnG=Search

Neither of those links actually answers the question, "When will FC1 be
officially EOL?"  FC2 release + 2-3 months is rather vague.  Some folks
(myself included) would like a date when we can expect to see "official" FC1
support end.  I don't believe that any such date has been decided yet and
suspect that it will be based on when FC3 enters the pipleline as a test
release.

I use Fedora on a "production" system (not revenue generating, simply my
home machine for email, web, and database services) and I prefer to keep it
as stable as possible.  Allowing FC2 to be in the hands of the community for
some time to get bug reports submitted and corrected before I move to it
keeps me sane when I go to bed at night and know that my machine will keep
ticking away without intervention.

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown