FC2, Evolution, gpilotd dies w/several conduits

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Tue Jun 1 19:15:23 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to sync my old PalmVx with Evolution, on FC2.
It worked perfectly in FC1, but now every time I try to sync, I get a
pop-up alert telling me that gpilotd has died unexpectedly, and asking
me if I want to inform the developers (which brings me a rather
unusefull wizard to write a bugreport... which I'm calling unusefull
because I get no info about the crash itself, so I don't know what's
going on).

I tried with lower transfer rates, with no avail.

Here's a more detailed description of what I could find so far:
- The Backup Conduit is Ok.
- The Contacts Conduit works only in "Copy from Pilot" mode; if I try a
real "sync", it crashes in the middle of the proccess.
- The ToDo Conduit works also Ok if I just "Copy from Pilot".
- The Calendar Conduit crashes either way (both syncing and copying from
pilot)
- The Memo (new?) Conduit "seems" to work (i.e., it doesn't crash), but
no data is transfered to the PC
- I haven't used / tested any other conduit.

I'd like to know if the Palm<->Evolution syncing is known to be broken
in the FC2 boundled versions of Evolution & genome-pilot.

If not, I'd really appreciate if someone can provide me with some hints
as to trace down the crash, in order to try to make a more usefull
report of the problem.

Thanks!

--
Mariano