Lexmark Z35 Printer driver

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 1 22:33:42 UTC 2004

Here is some useful info for someone who is trying to install a Lexmark
Z35 printer in FC 2.

1. Download the latest driver for the printer from the Lexmark site;
           CJLZ35LE-CUPS-2.0-1.TAR.GZ
2. Untar the file; tar -zxvf CJLZ35LE-CUPS-2.0-1.TAR.GZ and you should
get a file called
3. Before you run it make sure you have;
           cups-devel
           tcl-8.4
           tcl-devel-8.4
           tk-8.4
           tk-devel-8.4
4. Make a link to libtcl8.4.so in /usr/lib and rename it to
libtcl8.3.so, and do the same for libtk8.4.so and rename it to
libtk8.3.so. If you try to run lexmarkz35-CUPS-2.0-1.gz.sh before doing
this it will not install, you will get an error. The installer is
looking for libtcl8.3.so and libtk8.3.so.
5. Open a terminal window and (if you don't have one open) and run the
driver file by invoking the command.... sh lexmarkz35-CUPS-2.0-1.gz.sh
(oops you have to be root to do this)
and follow the instructions in the GUI. When it is finished it will give
you a button to do a test print or to exit. Try the test print if
everything is done properly you should get the Lexmark test page.

That's it. It worked for me. Creating the links and renaming is probably
not the best way to do this but so far it the only way that I found that
works.

Mike

P.S. It even prints in Mozilla