Fedora's PHP binary pretty slow for CGI

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 09:00:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 06:56:30PM +0700, David Garamond wrote:
> Marius Andreiana wrote:
> >Remove all the modules you don't need.
>
> You missed my point. The point is for the PHP packages support all the
> extensions, but separated and need not be loaded except when user
> requested it via php.ini, e.g:
>
> extension=mysql.so
> extension=pgsql.so
> ;extension=gd.so
> ;extension=imap.so
> ;etc.

Well, three of those four are already separate modules, so you can
disable them if you like by removing the php-mysql etc package, or
editing /etc/php.d/*.ini.  It would be useful to know which of the
remaining built-in modules are the ones which add significantly to the
startup speed, so these could also be split out.

This would take some investigation with recompiling the PHP RPM, have
you tried this?

joe