Can't find WINE?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jun 2 15:59:04 UTC 2004

Hi!

I've decided to finally look at WINE to run some Windows-only apps from
within FC2, but I can't find it. "rpm -qa | grep wine" gives me nothing. A
full find for the four letters w-i-n-e on the Fedora FTP tree and all
updates also gets no matches, even though I *do* see RPM's for WINE for
RHL-8.0 and earlier.

Has WINE been removed? If so, where can I find out why? Are there RPM
packages available for FC2? If so, from where? I have not spent hours
searching, but a little Google and a brief visit to WineHQ did not yield
any useful answers.

Thanks for any comments,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz