FC1/FC2 or RedHat9

Richard Emberson remberson at edgedynamics.com
Thu Jun 3 13:56:43 UTC 2004

Nick David wrote:
> Dudley F. Cañas wrote:
>
>> Im not sure if its the right question but I would just like to ask
>> what would be best for laptop as of the moment  Fedora Project 1/2 or
>> I'll go with stable RedHat 9
>>
>> TIA

>> Information Systems Division
>> Norkis Distributors Inc.
>> Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines (63-32)3464050
>>
>> Registered Linux User # 279330
>> Yahoo Messenger ID : dudleycanas
>>

> Use FC2 redhat 9 isnt even supported anymore.

I had redhat 9 and last weekend upgraded (not installed) FC2.
The upgrade failed. If you have a newer system that can boot
from a cdrom, then you will not have the problem I had, but
if yours is an older machine ... do not expect to be able to
upgrade - go to FC2 install.

Actually, now that I know what was missing after the upgrade I could
have mounted FC2-disc1, copied the files the upgrade process failed
to copy, and (possibly) been able to recover my system ... but, alas
I assumed upgrading would work.

Richard