Sound or lack of it

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 3 14:49:21 UTC 2004

On Jun 3, 2004 at 16:36, david walcroft in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hi,
>     I have never had sound on FC2 and always thought it was an
>Alsa/KDE problem but today I had to reinstall,so I took particular
>note.At firstboot the card (SB Audigy emu10k1) was detected and
>sound was heard,on my login to KDE the first thing I did was to
>Kmenu -> system settings -> soundcard detection and there was no
>sound.
>  Now I don't know what happens between those two events but it's
>in there that my problem lies.Can someone help.
Known problem with emu10k1. The list archives should help
you out. Try getting your hands dirty on the command line
by using things like 'lsmod', 'modprobe', 'less', 'lspci'
and 'nano'.

N.Emile...
Kites rise highest against the wind -- not with it.
		-- Winston Churchill
 10:46:05  up 14:42,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00