Sound not working until probed

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 20:55:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

> However, if I go to 'Soundcard Detection' and select 'Play test sound'
> the test sound plays fine, and then everything works OK.
>
> I am guessing that it's probing something.

Not quite.

su
vi /etc/modprobe.conf

change anywhere that says "sound card" to "snd-card". If that doesn't
work, come back for the second fix.

TTFN

Paul

P.S. Please fix your email client as it's not wrapping at 75 characters.
--
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,