OpenOffice.org broken

Andy Wallace linxit at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 3 21:11:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 18:59, Nadeem Bitar wrote:
> I can't figure out why, but openoffice writer is completely broken it
> takes a few seconds for letters to appear after you type them. That's on
> a fast machine (3.2GHz, 1GB ram). The CPU and memory usage is very low
> and there isn't any disk activity so I am puzzled by that.
>
> Anyone having the same problem and is there any solution.
>
> Between I am using OpenOffice.org 1.1.1 on Fedora Core 2.

I've just installed FC2 on my 2.8GHz PC with 1GB RAM, and I'm also having
problems with OpenOffice.org.

It works, but takes about 5 minutes to start, then a further 10 minutes
to open a single-page document. Once the document is loaded, the
performance is OK, but it then takes another 5 minutes to save the file
to disk.

I haven't had time to look into the cause yet, but any suggestions will
be gratefully received!

AndyW