Interesting install evil

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jun 3 21:38:19 UTC 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Richard Emberson wrote:

> Last weekend I did an upgrade and it failed to install the initrd...img
> file ... though it announced that I had successfully installed everything.

This was a clean install.  Everything worked with those settings using the
DVDs.  The 4 cd set did not get to disc 4 however.

> I have yet to regain the use of my system (my old box can not boot from cd).

There was a utility in Linux Format magazine an issue or two back that
allowed you to boot a CD using a floppy boot disk that chained to the cd.
pretty cool. i will try to find it again.