Sound or lack of it

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 3 23:45:07 UTC 2004

Prasanth Kumar wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 16:36 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>     I have never had sound on FC2 and always thought it was an
>>Alsa/KDE problem but today I had to reinstall,so I took particular
>>note.At firstboot the card (SB Audigy emu10k1) was detected and
>>sound was heard,on my login to KDE the first thing I did was to
>>Kmenu -> system settings -> soundcard detection and there was no
>>sound.
>>  Now I don't know what happens between those two events but it's
>>in there that my problem lies.Can someone help.
>>
>>   david

> Have you tried playing around with all the volume controls? Make
> sure they are at a reasonable level.

Thanks guys,
             I have tried them all,in Alsamixer nothing muted,turned
things up to 100% no change.
Modprobe has all settings needed,lsmod shows all 'snd' mods for Alsa/
emu10k1,lspci has my card located.KDE is set to 'Alsa'
It seems that my system has sound all setup but cannot communicate to
the card and this has only happened in FC2 T3 and FC2,I've used RH 6.1 >
9,FC1,Slack and Mandrake - with no problem

   david