FC1 -> FC2 Update: DISASTER!!!

Antti Aspinen antti.aspinen at phnet.fi
Fri Jun 4 08:01:51 UTC 2004

I think that your problem is FC1, not FC2. See FC1 stores a lot of
configuration files that aren't usable by FC2. I upgraded FC1 to FC2
test3 and it went fine.(However upgraded FC2 didn't show the new gnome
login screen and things like that...)

However I don't usually upgrade Linuxes and this is just one example why
not. I make allways a clean installation. I suggest to you when you
install next time linux making a /home partition. When you have it your
personal stuff will remain even if you format your / (root) and install
new linux to it.

There is so much diffrence on FC1 and FC2 that making clean installation
supposed to be only option at least my mind.

-Antti-