FC2 = Win 3.1 wanabe

Steve Pyatt steve.pyatt at voodoovenue.com
Fri Jun 4 14:02:15 UTC 2004

>On Friday 04 June 2004 07:02, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> What a mess.
>
> ASUS p4p800 f'd up beyond belief
> Had less problems installing windows 3.1 Remember the days on win3.1?
> Well, welcome back to the yesteryear OS stability.

I do agree with you. FC2 seemed less than it's predecessors. I can't
believe it was let out of the gate. However you don't cite anything
specific. I've documented the issues I've had and will share them once
I've jumped through a few more hoops that look like they have been added
to this release. A good for example though; On the install of the
program when you get to the screen to put in the root password. There is
only half an icon next to it. I think it's suppose to be a badge/shield
looking thing. Only half of it is there, as are most of the other
install screen icons, they just don't draw completely. That may seem
pretty petty, but is it professional? I bet that it does draw completely
on a lot of peoples install, but it doesn't on mine, and it did on prior
releases. And that is before I even get to the actual use of the
software.