Dear Fedora Community, what do you want?

Bryan Encina bryan.encina at valleypres.org
Fri Jun 4 14:34:09 UTC 2004

The last time I checked (which was never) Fedora (or any Linux distro)
didn't come with a restriction that said you must "respect" Linux, how it
was created, or the developers.  It's out there for everyone to use
regardless of whether or not they appreciate it.

> Yes.   There still is a lot of open hardware.   No thanks to
> people who
> say they don't care one way or the other if an open source
> solution is available.   The following comment from you
> suggests a lack
> of real support for open source and a lack of respect for the process
> that created Linux:
>
> "stable drivers is all that matters to me. GPL great but not
> required."

Again, I wasn't aware that use of open source software required "real
support for open source and respect for the process."  Don't get me wrong, I
personally am grateful for all the community hard work (and I do help with
some open source projects) however it's not a prerequisite that you believe
in the "open source movement" to use open source products as long as you
don't break any of the licensing agreements.

-b