Kernel with 8k Stack and Nvidia

Timothy K. Wagner tkw722 at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 7 15:15:35 UTC 2004

Ladies and Gents!

I've found that in order to run the newest nvidia driver you need to have an 8k stack size running on your kernel. I've also found on LinuxAnt's website an 8k stack Fedora Core 2 kernel. If I download an 8k stack kernel from kernel.org it works fine, but the only thing I do not understand is how to get back the fancy X booting screen. Whenever I put a new kernel in I lose that. Also, a few things get a little sketchy. So is there any other way to get an 8k stack size for a Fedora Core 2 distro? Possibly from the Fedora Project itself?

As for everything else, Fedora is running great! ***Obsessed with Liux

-Tim

Timothy K. Wagner
tkw722 at adelphia.net