fedora core 1 fetchmail-6.2.0-8 bug?

T. 'Nifty New Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 7 18:48:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:32:53PM -0500, George Beranek wrote:

> After upgrade of fetchmail to fetchmail-6.2.0-8 I get
>
> [root at www RPMS]# fetchmail
> fetchmail: relocation error: fetchmail: undefined symbol: GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE
>
> I had to back down to fetchmail-6.2.0-3 which is working fine.
>
> If someone will confirm I will file a bug report.

Perhaps if you run strace on it we can find which library fails to
link.

Then you can run nm on the suspect library to see if there is a reference
to the problem symbol (GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE) then check to see if that
library is current with rpm.  If all is current you are ready for a bug.

Google gives me a hint that you might find *HOSTBASED_SERVICE* symbols
associated with kerberos libraries.  So review the kerberos stuff
you have installed.

It works OK for me but I do not use kerberos.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l