Ati Radeon 340M IGP Fedora driver

East, Matthew Matthew.East at IUE.it
Tue Jun 8 10:35:05 UTC 2004

Hi Antonio, reply is below (sorry for the lack of >)

------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:19:02 +0100
From: Ant?nio Vasconcelos <antonio.vasconcelos at ulusofona.pt>
Subject: Ati Radeon 340M IGP Fedora driver
To: fedora-list at redhat.com

Hello!

I have installed Fedora Core 2 in my laptop ( Compaq Evo N1020v) wich
has an ATI Radeon 340M IGP. After the installation finished, X started
with no problem besides that my graphic card is recognized as a VESA
generic card. Well, not having the possibility of having 3D acceleration
isn´t too good..... :(
 I have tried to configure it with "ATI Radeo generic" but it rolls back
to "VESA generic card" after logout.
I can´t find drivers neither at Compaq.com or at ATI.com.
Does anyone knows where can i get the drivers?
Thank you very much
Best regards

António Vasconcelos

Departamento Técnico - Helpdesk
ULHT - Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias
antonio.vasconcelos at ulusofona.pt
+351 21 7515570

I also have this card. Support for it isn't very good, but you should be able to run the radeon driver with it no problem. I had to edit the xorg.conf file manually rather than use the GUI: it's in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Read "man xorg.conf" and "man radeon" before you do that.

If you want 3d acceleration working with this you need to rebuild the dri modules. A reasonable guide is here:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?s=a09122c00771cc6fe435cba10f436c3e&threadid=1740

Good luck ;)