Floppy boot for FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 8 13:23:34 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 08.06.2004 schrieb sydney at alamfamily.org um 15:11:

> Is there a way to boot from a floppy for this version?  I have an old quad
> processor Intergraph Server that I would like to run with the new kernel.
> I can install FC1 but the upgrade is not cooperating with X.

> John Alam

The kernel does not fit on a floppy, therefor there is not floppy boot
disk. That was answered many times now and some other ways explained
here on the list too. Please use common ways for getting information
before asking, like searching the list archive and google.

http://mdlug.org/pipermail/mdlug/2004-June/004297.html
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/%7Ecolohan/docs/fedora_upgrade.html

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 15:20:35 up 6 days, 15:38, load average: 0.46, 0.28, 0.20