[FC2] Best option for PCMCIA Wireless card

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 8 14:07:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 06:21, Thomas Molina wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> > > The no socket found message seems independent of whether the card is
> > > inserted or not during boot.  I was not able to configure the card during
> > > install because (big assumption here) of the observed no socket found
> > > noted above.  In order to configure the card and the resulting eth0 I had
> > > to resort to the manual removal of the modules, followed by restarting
> > > pcmcia and inserting the card.  I could then use the GUI to add a new
> > > wireless device as normal.

In the network config utility do you have the pcmcia card marked to run
at boot time?

Probably an unrelated issue but I found that if you mark such an
interface to run at boot time that it would not.  BUT if you uncheck
that option the card would start up as expected when the pcmcia services
start.  (always seemed odd that the pcmcia services start after
networking services when your network card is a pcmcia card ....)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

If rabbits' feet are so lucky, what happened to the rabbit?