high cpu usage with transparent Terminal background?......

Homer hparker at homershut.net
Tue Jun 8 14:41:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 15:45, chun lee wrote:
> hi there:
>
> i was messing around with the profiles of the Terminal and found
> something a bit strange.
>
> i was trying to set the background of the Terminal window to transparent
> and after that, everything becomes very slow. the cpu usage at the
> system monitor went very high.
>
> this is the same in both FC1 and FC2
>
> anyone noticed this?

	Yep.... I went back to black because of it... Was kinda fun while it
lasted, but it just killed my system (AMD 2400, 1GB ram)..

--
Homer Parker                    /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
BOFH for homershut.net          \ / No HTML/RTF in email

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.