lcd monitor sleeping?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Tue Jun 8 15:43:38 UTC 2004

   I apologize if this has recently been asked but I am unclear on
what needs to be set in Fedora Core 2 to allow an LCD display under
X windows (the ATI fglrx driver in particular) to sleep rather than
display the screen saver. Is this something that has to be done with
the acpid daemon or is it directly done from configurations of the
X server? I would prefer to use some configuration of the X server
rather than acpid as I have had to disable that daemon to avoid
my PS/2 keyboard locking up the next day.
                              Jack