FC3 requests - Text Anaconda pkg selection

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at ixpres.net
Tue Jun 8 21:21:44 UTC 2004

Something I would dearly love would be the older package selection
interface from the RH9 Text-only anaconda installer. 90% of the time I'm
installing RH/Fedora, I'm installing a server and probably don't have a
mouse attached, which means I use the text interface.

FC1 changed the "Manually select packages" interface, eliminating the
package info screens, and making the "which package in a group is on or
off?" overview screen rather un-intuitive.

Searched high and low for a reason on the devel/test and anaconda lists and
didn't really see any reference to it. Was there a specific reason behind
it, and would there be a chance of reverting back?

Regards,

Japheth Cleaver
cleaver at ixpres.net
cleaver at rohan.sdsu.edu