Need help with a DNS problem

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Jun 8 22:24:05 UTC 2004

At 13:50 6/4/2004, Andy Green wrote:
>On Friday 04 June 2004 20:44, Allen Winter wrote:
> > is the 'install ipv6 /bin/true' method the preferred way to turn off ipv6?
>
>However that IS the official way to stop a module loading at the module
>level,
>it effectively says t use /bin/true as the loader for the module, which does
>nothing but return a happy retcode.  There is probably stuff
>in /etc/sysconfig smewhere which can turn it off at a higher level.

I have successfully turned off IPv6 using Andy's suggestion, and my thanks
to him.

However, I have not found any "cleaner" method of indicating to the system
that I have no intention or interest in running IPv6. Nothing in
/etc/sysconfig, for example. Does anyone know where I might nicely indicate
that to the system, or whether this is the only/accepted/recommended way?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com