Remote X server login

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Tue Jun 8 23:51:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 07:49, David Carter wrote:
> Thanks Ben,
>
> I tried SSH too and got a timeout when running WinAXE xserver.  I did not
> know where to go from there so thought Rlogin was the answer.

Never heard of WinAXE, but as you found, it does not provide an ssh
server, thus your timeout.

http://www.labf.com/winaxe/windows-xserver.html

WinAXE+ does provide ssh support. Can you upgrade?

I believe Cygwin may also give you an ssh server, if you are interested
in investigating this option. The rlogin/rsh commands are seldom
preferably to using ssh for a number of reasons I won't waste bandwidth
on here :)

Cheers, Ben

--
.O.    Ben Stringer