mkswap on every boot

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Jun 10 12:40:33 UTC 2004

Steve Pyatt wrote:

>>My fstab has this for swap.  Is yours the same?
>>

>>/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults
>>

>0 0
>
>Except mine is hda1

I wonder if that is the reason.?

You implied that FC2 is installed on a different drive, and this shows
that swap is the first partition on the first drive (the one containing
the MBR).  While I don't know that this would have an effect, I have
never done a system that way.  I usually put swap on a later partition
on the first drive or on a later drive.

What happens if you relocate this swap partiton to a later drive, for
example, move it to be hdc and update the fstab accordingly. (assuming
your drive with FC2 is hdb or some such.)

You may need to install grub on a different drive to do this.