Broadcom bcm5700 Driver Build Problem

Ed Alexander Ed.Alexander at renesas.com
Thu Jun 10 15:12:06 UTC 2004

Installed FC2 on a system with a built-in BCM5702 gig interface.  The
installed tg3 driver is incompatible with Cisco's VPN client software,
so I need to use the driver from Broadcom, as I did under RH9.

Unfortunately, the driver won't build.  When running

rpmbuild -bb SPECS/bcm5700.spec

from within /usr/src/redhat, it fails with the following:

+ make bcm5700.o
make: *** No rule to make target `bcm5700.o'.  Stop.

Broadcom support claims it's not a problem with the 2.6 kernel, but with
Fedora.  Does anyone know of a solution or workaround for this?  I've
had to fall back to RH9 until I can get this resolved.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Ed