linux video issue

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Thu Jun 10 18:05:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 12:57, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Hello video freaks,
>
> I have a Proview 17" monitor that I use with FC1. For reasons I don't
> understand there is a disconnect in a video issue. Sometimes if I open a
> program its window will be partly off screen, often leaving buttons and other
> controls off screen. Because the grab bar is at the top of the screen I can
> not move the window to make them visible. I can slide the whole window
> sideways or down ok, but I can not get access to the bottom bits.
>
> Sometimes (but not always) I can click the maximize widget which will bring
> the window perfectly into alignment with the visible screen and give me
> access. I have twiddled my fingers off adjusting the screen width and height
> buttons, I am satisfied the problem doesn't lie there.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction? Is this a common issue?

    Someone smart once told me, "If it doesn't look good, it's not using
Xv."  See if your player is defaulting wrong (like mine did) or if it's
using the Xv extensions.  Xv is your friend.

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller
angegangen, Schlange-Hüften, sein es ganz rüber jetzt. Bügel innen fest,
weil es eine lange, süsse Fahrt ist.