Cups crap (finis)

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Fri Jun 11 03:17:53 UTC 2004

Thanks to all of you that have responded, there was one good
idea from Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>, he stated:

> I have not had the greatest success with 'redhat-config-printer' in the
> past and didn't fare much better with 'system-config-printer' on FC-2 so
> I just deleted it and used the cups configuration utility...

I took his advice, deleted the printer, will forever ignore the presence
of 'system-config-printer' (or perhaps delete it so Im not tempted to use it)
and used the CUPS localhost:631 interface.

Worked like a charm, installed the printer as a GENERIC Postscript printer
which is just fine.

I didnt take the time to figure out how to set the default printer using
that (cups) interface, and just used the cups command line, and now
I can print.

I suspect the machine at the office can be configured just as easy.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com