new kernel 2.6.6-1.427 - stops on probing new hardware

Massimo servizio at devils.com
Sat Jun 12 10:12:04 UTC 2004

as proposed by automatic uptodate service, i installed new kernel, but
when i reboot and from grup select new kernel, pc writes "probing new
hardware" and it stops when it loads KUDZU. if i reboot and select "I"
(interactive mode) then i don't start KUDZU service then all it's ok and
i can login to system.
With old kernel 2.6.5-1.358 it was all ok and KUDZu worked well.

i have i asus p4pe matherboard and a promise ultra 133 dma controller.

I'd like detailed informations cause i am not a linux expert.

Sorry for my english

Massimo