RH 9 to FC1/FC2 and some questions

Sanjay Arora skpobox at softhome.net
Sun Jun 13 01:06:29 UTC 2004

I plan to upgrade a production server from RH9 to FC1....or maybe FC2 if
its stable now. Are there any major path changes or anything else that
should make necessary a fresh install rather than an upgrade?

How stable are FC1 & FC2 respectively....comparison with RH9.

Also, what do you people think of future of Fedora as a production
platform rather than a testbed only for ES. How many of you plan to use
it as a server platform viz-a-viz ES...and I am not talking of those who
love the cutting edge technology...regardless of how much effort they
have to put into it.

You see I know a lot of people who are eyeing slackware as an
alternative to a stable RH platform, should Fedora not be so. Am really
looking to resolve this issue in my mind...so the Gurus please do
comment.

With best regards to all.
Sanjay.